In the sermon this past week, we examined the story of Abraham and Isaac, and the call for Isaac to become a burnt offering sacrifice. In reading that story, what we discovered was that Isaac was obedient to his father's call to become the sacrifice. In this, we saw foreshadowed the life of Jesus.
We also noted that Isaac in this matter had a choice. While Isaac is often portrayed as being helpless, what we should realize is that Isaac had a choice to obey his father. Here are some of the facts I mentioned to help bolster that opinion:
1. Issac was between the ages of 0-36 years old because Sarah has Isaac at 90 or 91 and dies at 127 (Gen 17:17; 23:1)
2. Abraham cut the wood for teh sacrifice before he left (Gen 22:3)
3. A lamb was the sacrifice to be used (Gen 22:7)
4. A 1 year old lamb weights 60-100 lbs (Google)
5. Isaac carries the wood for the fire (Gen 22:6)
From these details in the story we can conclude that Isaac was young and strong and he allowed his father to bind him.