Mohn’s Hill E.C.Church Denomination
The Evangelical Congregational Church is...
The Evangelical Congregational Church is people - people just like you - committed to sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ so that men, women, and children may experience saving faith in Christ. The people of the E.C. Church also seek to help new believers discover their place in a church family where they can find support on their faith journey, a journey that leads to personal growth in Christlikeness.
Visit the Evangelical Congregational Church website: www.eccenter.com
This We Believe
Believing the Bible to be our final authority for faith and Christian living, we affirm the following:
- That the universe is the purposeful creation of a personal, loving, almighty God.
- That all human beings are made in the image of the Creator and are of infinite worth.
- That our world is under the sway of sin as a result of historical and personal human rebellion against God, so that suffering, death and separation from God are the experience of humankind; and that without the intervention of God's grace, this will be the eternal state of all persons.
- That Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God, through his virgin birth, sinless life, sacrificial death on the Cross, the glorious resurrection and ascension, graciously offers new life to all who receive him by faith.
- That the Holy Spirit, indwelling believers, gives them a desire and an ability to follow biblical standards of conduct in their personal lives and in society.
- That the Christian faith is lived in the comminity of the church, where worship and witness are embodied through the spiritual gifts of its members.
- That Jesus Christ will return to this world, bring an end to history as we know it, inaugurate the final judgment, and welcome believers into His eternal kingdom.
where You Fit In
To not give up meeting together is a command of Scripture. Furthermore, Jesus promises that where two or three are gathered together in His name, there He will be among them.
Why be a part of the church? Through the years believers have found strength and inspiration in gathering together for worship. The Christian needs three things to be fulfilled in his or her spiritual life:
- Instruction in God's Word
- Christian fellowship
- The opportunity to become involved in meeting the needs of others. Church is both a place to give and a place to receive.
If you're looking for these ingredients, join us in fellowship. In addition to worship services, prayer meetings, and Christian education opportunities, you might want to become a part of one of our many discipleship programs, evangelistic outreach programs or social activities.
The CHURCH is PEOPLE. People who have a personal faith in Christ. People who love Him and want to serve Him. People who realize their need to grow in His grace. People just like YOU.